Solutions for Leaky Pipes
Call For Emergency
Most insurance companies will cover most of the cost associated with a broken water line that floods your basement. They usually pay to access the leak (removal of concrete and reinstallation of carpet) but they will not pay for repairing the plumbing.
The good news is that repairing the plumbing is a minor portion of the total cost.
Don't Ignore a Leak!
It's important to keep an eye out for even the smallest leaks so that it can be repaired before turning into a bigger problem. Leaks can mean money wasted on a much larger water bill or eventually money spent repairing significant water damage to your home.
According to government research "The average household's leaks can account for more than 10,000 gallons of water wasted every year and ten percent of homes have leaks that waste 90 gallons or more per day." Much of the time, people can't see or don't notice the leaks.
Common areas where you may find a leaky pipe
- Showers and tubs
- Main water lines
- Whole house humidifiers
Warning signs that you have a leak
- Drips - watch for signs of water drops or the sound of dripping when your plumbing isn't in use.
- Rust - Is there is rust in any area of your home near water systems you could have a leak.
- Water puddles - may accumulate if the pipe has been dripping for a while
- Excessive water bill - if your bill is suddenly much larger than it's been before you may need to take a closer look at your plumbing.
- Mold - If there is mold in your home interior this is a sign that there is far too much moisture in the area.
- Bulging or soft areas of your drywall could mean a pipe leaking water behind them.
Get help for a leaky pipe
If you live in our service areas of Centerville, Beavercreek, Miamisburg, Dayton, Fairborn, Springboro, or Lebanon then we can check your water line systems for undetected leaks or repair a leak that you have already identified.
For same day or emergency service call 937-435-1222 and we can check your leak right away.
M. E. Merrell Plumbing
35 Marco Ln
Centerville, OH 45458
Centerville, Ohio Base Location Services Dayton & North Cincinnati
Our main facility is located in Centerville, Ohio - strategically located to service the Dayton Ohio and Northern Cincinnati areas: as far north as Tipp City, Ohio and as far south as Landon and Mason, Ohio. Click here for a complete list of our service areas.